Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Top 10 Doctor Doom Quotes

For my very first actual post about a villain, I feel it is appropriate to focus on my favorite villain of all time: DOOM!


His arrogance and Shakespearean delivery of regal statements and terrifying threats are just two of the things that I love about him. To show you how magnificent his eloquence is, I present to you the top 10 Doctor Doom quotes in no particular order:

1. No man speaks to Doom this way. Even Captain America.

2. Dolts! Such insolence will not go unpunished!

3. Pain? Pain is like love -- like compassion! It is a thing only for lesser men. What is pain to Doom?

4. The King of Latveria is no common murderer. If I cannot magnificently win a victory, it affords me no pleasure to merely slay a foe.

5. Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

6. The world must not lose a magnificent brain like mine!

7. The clapping shall go on for another hour. Have the first one who stops clapping brought out and shot.

8. You dare to impugn my honesty? I, the Lord of Latveria? The mightiest of monarchs?

9. Before this day is ended, mankind shall grovel helplessly at my feet -- and, as fate has obviously ordained -- Doctor Doom shall be Master of Earth!

10. Show me the puny mortal who does not tremble at the name of Doctor Doom!

There are dozens of great Doctor Doom quotes out there but I feel these 10 best represent his epic sense of entitlement and his endless quest for absolute power.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

all hope lies in doom!

Post a Comment

Share This